This VicRoads approved course is for people who want a Victorian Multi Combination Non-Synchromesh driver’s licence.
This licence will allow you to drive a prime mover, single semi-trailer exceeding 9 tonnes, or rigid vehicle plus trailer greater than 9 tonnes GVM with any gearbox – synchromesh, non-synchromesh or automatic.
One-on-one Multi-Combination (auto/non-synchro) courses take 10 hours.
Candidates have the option of receiving a statement of attainment with a nationally recognised unit of competency from the TLI training package. At the completion of the course, successful trainees will be issued with their Victorian MultiCombination licence and, if selected, their statement of attainment.
- Road law
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and manoeuvring
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their uses
- System of vehicle control
- City and highway driving
- Conduct pre-operational vehicle inspections and checks
- Correctly start, steer, position, manoeuvre, and stop the vehicle
- Correctly manage engine power to minimise gear and engine wear
- Reverse, maintain visibility, and accurately position the vehicle
- Correctly park, shut down and secure the vehicle
- Successfully identify and avoid hazards (defensive driving)
- Safely load the vehicle and use the most appropriate load restraint method
Have held a HR or HC Licence for a minimum of 12 months and hold a current HC Licence
Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement