This VicRoads approved course is for people who want a Victorian Multi Combination Non-Synchromesh driver’s licence.
This licence will allow you to drive a prime mover, single semi-trailer exceeding 9 tonnes, or rigid vehicle plus trailer greater than 9 tonnes GVM with any gearbox – synchromesh, non-synchromesh or automatic.
One-on-one Multi-Combination (auto/non-synchro) courses take 10 hours.
At the end of the course, successful trainees will be issued with their Victorian MultiCombination licence and a statement of attainment with a nationally recognised unit of competency from the TLI training package.
- Road law
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and manoeuvring
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their uses
- System of vehicle control
- City and highway driving
- Conduct pre-operational vehicle inspections and checks
- Correctly start, steer, position, manoeuvre, and stop the vehicle
- Correctly manage engine power to minimise gear and engine wear
- Reverse, maintain visibility, and accurately position the vehicle
- Correctly park, shut down and secure the vehicle
- Successfully identify and avoid hazards (defensive driving)
- Safely load the vehicle and use the most appropriate load restraint method
Have held a HR or HC Licence for a minimum of 12 months and hold a current HC Licence
Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement