This VicRoads approved course is for people who want a Victorian Heavy Rigid driver’s licence.
This licence allows you to drive a bus or truck with 3 or more axles, greater than 8 tonnes GVM. Options are available for Auto, Synchromesh & Non-Synchromesh gearboxes.
One-on-one courses take 8 hours (Automatic), 10 hours (Synchro) or 13 hours (Non-Synchro).
Candidates have the option of receiving a statement of attainment with a nationally recognised unit of competency from the TLI training package. At the completion of the course, successful trainees will be issued with their Victorian Heavy Rigid licence and, if selected, their statement of attainment.
8-13 hrs for a Beginner, or 6 hr Auto advanced course (in Yugo Driving School’s Vehicle)
- Starting/stopping sequence
- Reversing and manoeuvring
- Turning and handling
- Vehicle position
- Gears and their issues
- City and highway driving
- Road law
- System of vehicle control
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Conduct pre-operational vehicle inspections and checks
- Correctly start, steer, position, manoeuvre, and stop the vehicle
- Correctly manage engine power to minimise gear and engine wear
- Reverse, maintain visibility, and accurately position the vehicle
- Correctly park, shut down and secure the vehicle
- Successfully identify and avoid hazards (defensive driving)
- Safely load the vehicle and use the most appropriate load restraint method
Be able to drive a car with a manual transmission
Have a valid Victorian car licence
Have held an Australian car licence for at least two years
Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement