This VicRoads approved course is for people who want a Victorian Heavy Rigid driver’s licence.
This licence allows you to drive a bus or truck with 3 or more axles, greater than 8 tonnes GVM. Options are available for Auto, Synchromesh & Non-Synchromesh gearboxes.
One-on-one courses take 8 hours (Automatic), 10 hours (Synchro) or 13 hours (Non-Synchro).
At the end of the course, successful trainees will be issued with their Victorian Heavy Rigid licence and a statement of attainment with a nationally recognised unit of competency from the TLI training package.
8-13 hrs for a Beginner, or 6 hr Auto advanced course (in Yugo Driving School’s Vehicle)
- Starting/stopping sequence
- Reversing and manoeuvring
- Turning and handling
- Vehicle position
- Gears and their issues
- City and highway driving
- Road law
- System of vehicle control
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Conduct pre-operational vehicle inspections and checks
- Correctly start, steer, position, manoeuvre, and stop the vehicle
- Correctly manage engine power to minimise gear and engine wear
- Reverse, maintain visibility, and accurately position the vehicle
- Correctly park, shut down and secure the vehicle
- Successfully identify and avoid hazards (defensive driving)
- Safely load the vehicle and use the most appropriate load restraint method
Be able to drive a car with a manual transmission
Have a valid Victorian car licence
Have held an Australian car licence for at least two years
Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement