This VicRoads approved course is for people who want a Victorian Heavy Combination Non-Synchromesh driver’s licence.
This licence allows you to drive a prime mover, single semi-trailer exceeding 9 tonnes or rigid vehicle plus trailer greater than 9 tonnes GVM with a non-synchromesh or automatic gearbox.
One-on-one courses take 9 hours (Automatic) or 13 hours (Non-Synchro).
At the end of the course, successful trainees will be issued with their Victorian Heavy Combination licence and a statement of attainment with a nationally recognised unit of competency from the TLI training package.
14 Hour Course (in Yugo Driving School’s Vehicle)
- Road law
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and manoeuvring
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their uses
- System of vehicle control
- City and highway driving
- Conduct pre-operational vehicle inspections and checks
- Correctly start, steer, position, manoeuvre, and stop the vehicle
- Correctly manage engine power to minimise gear and engine wear
- Reverse, maintain visibility, and accurately position the vehicle
- Correctly park, shut down and secure the vehicle
- Successfully identify and avoid hazards (defensive driving)
- Safely load the vehicle and use the most appropriate load restraint method
Be able to drive a car with a manual transmission
Have a valid Victorian car licence
Have held an Australian car licence for at least two years
Have held a Medium Rigid or Heavy Rigid licence for at least 1 year
Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement